London’s largest minicab and chauffeur business, and now with a growing international business, Addison Lee relies on highly scalable and efficient communication tools to support the efficiency of their service.
With over 5,000 cars in Central London alone, and over 300 employees in their call centres, the need to communicate swiftly and efficiently is pivotal to the smooth running of their business.
Babl.biz were approached to provide a tailor-made solution to improve communication links between office staff, drivers and their passengers, whilst also creating a new platform to enable a driver to check their status in real time.
Babl.biz’s real time communications voice and SMS platform provides Addison Lee with the components needed to customise their own systems for their specific business requirements.
• Quality, Ease of Use and Security are paramount in the highly competitive global minicab market. The highly trained Addison Lee drivers use SMS and phone calls to make sure they find their passengers quickly and efficiently, while needing to protect the personal data of the passenger, keeping the passenger up to date at every part of the passenger experience.
• Addison Lee also needed a way of giving their drivers a first-class support service for the many things that need resolving in a typical day, along with a phone line that can give them their up to date status constantly, and instantly report the status back to their drivers.
• An intelligent driver ‘call out to the passenger’ service was created using Babl’s telephony media servers and API, to provide the secure communication bridge between the driver and the passenger. This provides a secure communication network between clients and drivers where no client contact information is exposed, but clients are immediately notified when their driver is waiting for them.
• The Driver Status line was designed so that the service would recognise the CLI of the drivers mobile or other phone and enable them to be confident of their status, which is important for the driver in ensuring that they are available or not for work at a particular time.
• Along with this, an internal hotline for drivers was put in place with different options, which allows drivers to communicate with their different departments. • The real-time portal means that senior staff can view live calls taking place and review data and information about the calls.
• The call recording and archiving (along with data analytics and speech transcription) allows the driver call out function supplied by Babl.biz to be continuously monitored by the support and management team.
The iconic Addison Lee cars are responsible for driving over 10 million people across London each year.
CHALLENGE The ability to communicate effectively between drivers and passengers and drivers and their support team in Euston
SOLUTION A Driver Call out service triggered from their PDA to enable them to find the passenger, and a status IVR along with an internal help desk solution for drivers, along with access to real time portal, call recordings.